A. Original Communications in Reviewed Journals
1. Johnson BK, Santana V, Schupf N, et. al. The heritability of abstract reasoning in Caribbean Latinos with familial Alzheimer disease. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders, 2007;24(6):411-7.
2. Johnson BK, Goodman S, Alexiades M, Figgie M, Demmer R and Mandl L. Patterns and associated risk of perioperative use of anti-tumor necrosis factor in patients with rheumatoid arthritis undergoing total knee replacement. The Journal of Rheumatology, 2013, 40(5): 617-623.
3. Goodman S, Mandl L, Figgie M, Johnson BK, Alexiades M, Ghomrawi H. The use of biologic DMARDs identifies rheumatoid arthritis patients with more optimistic expectations of total knee arthroplasty. HSS Journal, 2014, 10: 117-123.
4. LoVerde ZJ, Mandl LA, Johnson BK, Figgie MP, Boettner F, Lee YY, Goodman SM. Rheumatoid Arthritis Does Not Increase Risk of Short-term Adverse Events after Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Retrospective Case-control Study. The Journal of Rheumatology, 2015, 42(7): 1123-30.
5. Kumthekar A, Johnson BK. Polyarticular Severe Tophaceous Gout Secondary to Limited Medication Access. The Journal of Rheumatology, 2015, 42(8):1528-9.
6. Goodman SM, Johnson BK, Zhang M, Huang WT, Zhu R, Figgie M, Alexiades M, Mandl LA. Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis have Similar Excellent Outcomes after Total Knee Replacement Compared with Patients with Osteoarthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology., 2016 Jan;43(1):46-53.
7. Goodman SM, Springer B, Guyatt G, Abdel MP, Dasa V, George M, Gewurz-Singer O, Giles JT, Johnson BK, Lee S, Mandl LA, Mont MA, Sculco P, Sporer S, Stryker L, Turgunbaev M, Brause B, Chen AF, Gililland J, Goodman M, Hurley-Rosenblatt A, Kirou K, Losina E, MacKenzie R, Michaud K, Mikuls T, Russell L, Sah A, Miller AS, Singh JA, Yates A. 2017 American College of Rheumatology/American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeon Guideline for the Perioperative Management of Antirheumatic Medication in Patients with Rheumatic Diseases Undergoing Elective Total Hip or Total Knee Arthroplasty. Arthritis and Rheumatology, 2017, 69(8):1538-1551.
8. Kumthekar, A, Johnson BK. Improvement of Appointment Compliance in an Underserved Lupus Clinic. BMC Health Services Research, 2018; 18 (1): 610.
9. Chokshi, B, D’Agati, V, Bizzocchi, L, Johnson, BK, Mendez, B, Jim, B. Rare Disease Case Report: Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis with collapsing lupus podocytopathy as an unusual manifestation of systemic lupus erythematosus with APOL1 double-risk alleles.
10. Sheth, T, Mena, O, Johnson BK. Assessment of Patient Satisfaction, Functionality and Quality of Life After Ultrasound Guided Knee Intervention. Clinical Rheumatology, in press.
11. Mejias, M, Ramirez de Oleo, I, Johnson BK. Association of hydroxychloroquine use and hemolytic anemia in patients with low levels of Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD). Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, in press.