The Belfer Institute serves as a resource to current and prospective postdoctoral fellows, faculty members and administrators for any and all issues related to postdoctoral researchers. These include, but are not limited to:
- organizing all educational and social programs and activities sponsored by the Belfer Institute;
- overseeing postdoctoral policies with regard to hiring, appointments and terminations;
- monitoring postdoctoral salaries and anniversary increments;
- overseeing the management of postdoctoral housing at Einstein, including the assignment of incoming postdoctoral fellows to available housing slots;
- mediation of problems involving work-related issues between faculty and postdoctoral fellows;
- arranging e-mail accounts for newly arrived postdoctoral researchers;
- notifying current and potential postdoctoral fellows of job opportunities.
The Leadership of the Belfer Institute includes:
The Belfer Institute Advisory Committee
Jonathan M. Backer, M.D.
Professor, Department of Molecular Pharmacology
Director, Belfer Institute for Advanced Biomedical Studies
Michael D. Brenowitz, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Biochemistry
Steven A. Porcelli, M.D.
Professor, Departments of Microbiology & Immunology and of
Medicine; Division of Rheumatology
Marion Schmidt, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry
Erik L. Snapp, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology