The goal of the employee relations function is to develop and support a positive relationship between employees and Albert Einstein College of Medicine through programs, guidelines and policies that ensure fairness, respect and consistent treatment of all employees.
The Employee Relations team will work with departments, managers, represented and non-represented employees to remove barriers to effective communication and job performance and to assist with problem-solving and mediation support.
Employee Relations services include:
- Assisting individuals and departments in conflict resolution efforts through facilitated discussions and mediation
- Providing counsel, advice and support when managing employee performance and conduct issues to ensure compliance with Albert Einstein College of Medicine’s
standards and fair, consistent and professional treatment
- Providing policy and procedural interpretation and guidance
- Advising departments on administering corrective action and the progressive disciplinary process in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements and past practice
- Providing senior-level organizational consulting services
- Guidance and advice on compliance with laws governing employment such as FMLA, ADA and EEO
- Advice and assistance to employees seeking to resolve work-related issues and concerns
We encourage managers, represented and non-represented employees to contact us with their concerns and for assistance with resolving any issues that may arise in the workplace.
The Employee Relations team can be reached at (718) 430-2551 or (718) 430-3771 or by email at email@example.com.