Associate, Department of Radiation Oncology
• Preclinical oncology researcher with extensive program management expertise, sound business acumen and proven track record of delivering actionable results in preclinical drug development and strategic projects in time and on budget.
• Hands-on experience to translate novel anti-cancer small molecule based concepts into clinical product candidates.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven ability to forge strong partnerships across highly matrixed organizations and cross-functional teams to effectively interact and communicate across all levels of organization.
1. Quinn TJ, Healy N, Sara A, Maggi E, Claros CS, Kabarriti R, Scandiuzzi L, Liu L, Gorecka J, Adem A, Basu I, Yuan Z, Guha C. Preclinical evaluation of radiation and systemic, RGD-targeted, adenoassociated virus phage-TNF gene therapy in a mouse model of spontaneously metastatic melanoma. Cancer Gene Ther. 2016 Dec 9. Doi: 10.1038/cgt.2016.70. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Athuluri-Divakar SK, Vasquez-Del Carpio R, Dutta K, Baker SJ, Cosenza SC, Basu I, Gupta YK, Reddy MV, Ueno L, Hart JR, Vogt PK, Mulholland D, Guha C, Aggarwal AK, Reddy EP. A Small Molecule RAS-Mimetic Disrupts RAS Association with Effector Proteins to Block Signaling. Cell. 2016 Apr 21;165(3):643-55.
3. Bandyopadhyay S, Quinn TJ, Scandiuzzi L, Basu, I, Partanen A, Tome, WA, Macian F, Guha C. Low-intensity focused ultrasound induces reversal of tumor-induced T cell tolerance and prevents immune escape. J Immunol. 2016 Feb 15:196 (4): 1964-76.
4. Brodin NP, Tang J, Skalina K, Quinn T, Basu, I, Guha C, Tome WA. Semiautomatic cone beam CT segmentation of in vivo preclinical subcutaneous tumours provides an efficient non-invasive alternative for tumour volume measurements. Br. J. Radiol. 2015 Jun; 88 (1050): 20140776.
5. Quinn TJ, Healy N, Kabarriti R, Yuan Z, Scandiuzzi L, Adem A, Basu I, Guha C. Immunophenotype of B16-F10 Melanoma after combination therapy with eradiation and systemic, RGD-targeted, adenoassociated virus phage-TNF. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 90(1): S806-S807.
6. Agoni L, Basu I, Gupta S, Alfieri A, Gambino A, Goldberg GL, Reddy EP, Guha C. Rigosertib is a more effective radiosensitizer than cisplatin in concurrent chemoradiation treatment of cervical carcinoma, in vitro and in vivo. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 88(5): 1180-1187.
7. Basu I, Locker J, Cassera MB, Belbin TJ, Merino EF, Dong X, Hemeon I, Evans GB, Guha C, Schramm VL. Growth and metastases of human lung cancer are inhibited in mouse xenografts by a transition state analogue of 5’-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase. J Biol Chem. 2011; 286(6): 4902-4911.
8. Schramm, VL, Gutierrez JA, Cordovano G, Basu I, Guha C, Belbin TJ, Evans GB, Tyler PC, and Furneaux RH. Transition state analogues in quorum sensing and SAM recycling. Nucleic Acids Symp Ser (Oxf). 2008;(52): 75-6.
9. Agoni L, Basu I, Reddy EP, Alfieri A and Guha C. Higher efficacy of ON01910.Na as a potent radiosensitizer than cisplatin on human cervical carcinoma cells. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 72(1), S709-S710, 2008.
10. Agoni L, Basu I, Danish A, Reddy EP, Alfieri A and Guha C. In vitro Comparative Efficacy of ON01910.Na and Cisplatin with Radiation on Cervical Carcinoma Cells. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2008 ASCO Annual Proceedings I (May 20 Supplement), 2008.
11. Basu I, Cordovano G, Das I, Belbin T J, Guha C, Schramm VL.A transition state analogue of 5'- methylthioadenosine phosphorylase induces apoptosis in head and neck cancers. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2007, 282, 21477-21486.
12. Storck K, Brandwein M, Guha C, Schlecht N, Basu I, Mahmood R, Prystowsky, M and Schramm VL. 5’-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP): A potential therapeutic target for upper aerodigestive tract squamous cell carcinomas (UADT-SCC). Modern Pathology 2007, 20, 230A-230A 1053 Suppl. 2.
13. Basu I, Guha C and Schramm VL. A small molecule inhibitor of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) for the treatment of human head and neck carcinoma. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 2005, 63, S377-S377 2248 Suppl. 1.
14. Wang X, Deng H, Basu I and Liang Zhu. Induction of Androgen Receptor–dependent Apoptosis in Prostate Cancer Cells by the Retinoblastoma Protein. Cancer Research 2004, 64, 1377-1385.
15. Basu A, Basu I, Chakraborty A, Pal S and Chattopadhyay U. Detection and Purification of a novel 72kDa glycoprotein male breast tumor associated antigen. International Journal of Cancer 2003,105(3), 377-383.
More Information About Dr. Indranil Basu
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Jack and Pearl Resnick Campus
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Ullmann Building, Room U305A
Bronx, NY 10461