Eszter Lazar-Molnar, Ph.D.
My research is focused on understanding the mechanism by which costimulatory molecules, such as PD-1 and its ligands regulate host responses to pathogens and malignancies, and finding new ways of designing immunotherapy.
- Lazar-Molnar E, Chen B, Sweeney KA, Wang EJ, Liu W, Porcelli SA, Almo SC, Nathenson SG, Jacobs WR. Programmed death-1 (PD-1) Deficient Mice Are Extraordinarily Sensitive to Tuberculosis. PNAS, 107(30):13402-7, 2010. Commentary in Nature Reviews Microbiology 8: 612, 2010 (Research Highlight). S. Molloy: Innate immunity: PD1 turns down the heat.
- Chattopadhyay K, Lazar-Molnar E, Yan Q, Rubinstein R, Zhan C, Bonanno J, Vigdorovich V, Ramagopal UA, Nathenson SG, Almo SC: Sequence, Structure, Function, Immunity: Structural Genomics of Costimulation. Immunological Reviews 229(1):356-86, 2009.
- Lazar-MolnarE*, YanQ*, Cao E*, RamagopalU, Nathenson SG, Almo SC. Crystal structure of the complex between programmed death-1 (PD-1) and its ligand PD-L2. PNAS, 105(30):10483-8, 2008. Commentary in PNAS 105(30): 10275-6, 2008. G. J. Freeman: Structures of PD-1 with its ligands: Sideways and dancing cheek to cheek.
- Shi L, Albuquerque PC, Lazar-Molnar E, Wang X, Santambrogio L, Gácser A, Nosanchuk JD. A monoclonal antibody to Histoplasma capsulatum alters the intracellular fate of the fungus in murine macrophage. Eucaryotic Cell 7(7):1109-17, 2008.
- Lazar-Molnar E*, Gácser A*, Freeman GJ, Almo SC, Nathenson SG, Nosanchuk JD. The PD-1/PD-L costimulatory pathway critically affects host resistance to the pathogenic fungus Histoplasma capsulatum. PNAS 105(7):2658-63, 2008.
- Lazar-Molnar E, Almo SC, Nathenson SG The interchain disulfide linkage is not a prerequisite but enhances CD28 costimulatory function. Cellular Immunology 244(2):125-9, 2006.
- Lazar-Molnar E, Hegyesi H, Pállinger É, Kovács P, Tóth S, Fitzsimons C, Cricco G, Martin G, Rivera E., Falus A.: Inhibition of human primary melanoma cell proliferation by histamine is enhanced by interleukin-6. European Journal of Clinical Investigation 32(10):743-9, 2002.
- Szincsak N, Hegyesi H, Hunyadi J, Martin G, Lazar-Molnar E, Kovacs P, Rivera E, Falus A, Juhasz I. Cimetidine and a tamoxifen derivate reduce tumour formation in SCID mice xenotransplanted with a human melanoma cell line. Melanoma Research 12(3):231-40, 2002.
- Molnar L. E, Cricco G, Martin G, Darvas Zs, Hegyesi H, Fitzsimons C, Bergoc R, Falus A, Rivera E: Histamine as a potential autocrine regulator of melanoma. Inflammation Research 50 Supplement 2, S102-103, 2001.
- Falus A, Hegyesi H, Lazar-Molnar E, Pós Z, László V, Darvas Zs.: Duality of paracrine/autocrine interactions around melanoma; histamine is a relevant player in local regulation. Trends in Immunology 22: 648-52, 2001.
- Molnar L. E, Hegyesi H, Tóth S, Darvas Zs, Laszlo V, Szalai Cs, Falus A: Biosynthesis of interleukin-6, an autocrine growth factor for melanoma is regulated by melanoma derived histamine. Seminars in Cancer Biology 10: 25-28, 2000.
- Lazar-Molnar E, Hegyesi H, Tóth S, Falus A: Autocrine and paracrine regulations by cytokines and growth factors in melanoma. Cytokine 12: 547-554, 2000.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.