Alvin H. Strelnick, M.D.
- Comparison of diabetes self-care management—telephonic health educators vs. face-to-face peer educators vs. community health workers (CHWs)
- Community research ethics—the impact of community research review on investigators & their projects and community reviewers & their communities
- Health disparities, especially asthma, diabetes, other chronic diseases
- Tobacco control
- Community engagement
- Health disparities
- Health Systems
- Bronx Community Research Review Board (BxCRRB) feasibility project
- Sanchez JP, Peters L, Lee-Rey E, Strelnick H, Garrison G, Zhang K, Spencer D, Ortega G, Yehia B, Berlin A, Castillo-Page L. “Racial and Ethnic Minority Medical Students’ Perceptions of and Interest in Careers in Academic Medicine.” Academic Medicine 2013:88(9):1299-1307.
- Martin del Campo F, Casado J, Spencer P, Strelnick H. “The Development of the Bronx Community Research Review Board: A Pilot Feasibility Project for a Model of Community Consultation.” Progress in Community Health Partnerships 2013;7(3):341-52.
- Wilkins CH, Spofford M, Williams N, McKeever C, Allen S, Kauper-Brown J, Opp J, Richmond A, and Strelnick AH on behalf of the CTSA Consortium’s Community Engagement Key Function Committee Community Partners Integration Workgroup. “Community Representatives’ Involvement in Clinical and Translational Science Awards Activities.” Clinical & Translational Science 2013;6(4):292-6.
- Aguilar-Gaxiola S, Ahmed S, Franco Z, Kissack A, Gabriel D, Hurd T, Ziegahn L, Bates NJ, Calhoun K, Carter-Edwards L, Corbie-Smith G, Hacker K, Eder M, Ferrans C, Rumala B, Strelnick AH, Wallerstein N. “Towards a Unified Taxonomy of Health Indicators: Academic Health Centers and Communities Working Together to Improving Population Health.” Academic Medicine 2014;89(4): 564-72.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.