David L. Rosenstreich, M.D.
Dr. David Rosenstreich is Professor of Medicine, Otolaryngology, and Microbiology and Immunology; Chief of the Division of Allergy and Immunology; and Director of the Bronx Asthma Project. His research currently focuses on the effects of inorganic dietary factors on immune reactivity in humans (specifically, the effects of mercury and acrylamide on human lymphocyte and monocyte production of TH1 and TH2 cytokines in vitro).
Dr. Rosenstreich completed medical school at NYU School of Medicine and an internal medicine residency at the Bronx Municipal Hospital Center. He spent ten years as an investigator for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and National Institute of Dental Research (NIDR), and was a visiting professor at the Rockefeller University Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology. He currently serves on the NIAID/NIH Data Safety Monitoring Board.
Dr. Rosenstreich has published over 170 articles, invited papers, and reviews, and has edited three books.
(Partial listing from over 170 research articles, invited papers and reviews and 3 edited books)
- Rosenstreich, D.L., Lehach, J.G. and Armenaka, M.: Successful management of chronic urticaria. Clin. Rev. Allergy, 1992; 10:371-390.
- Armenaka, M. and Rosenstreich, D.L.: The pathophysiology of chronic urticaria. Clin. Rev. Allergy, 1992; 10:257-279.
- Small, C.B., Kaufman, A., Armenaka, M.C. and Rosenstreich, D.L.: Sinusitis and atopy in human immunodeficiency virus infection. J. Inf. Dis. 167:283-290, 1993. Armenaka, M., Grizzanti, J.N. and Rosenstreich, D.L.: Serum immunoglobulins and IgG subclass levels in adults with chronic sinusitis: evidence for decreased IgG3 levels. Annals Allergy, 72:507-514; 1994.
- Youkeles, L.H., Grizzanti, J.N., Liao, Z., Chang, C.J. and Rosenstreich, D.L.: Decreased tobacco glycoprotein-induced lymphocyte proliferation in vitro in pulmonary eosinophilic granuloma. Am. J. Resp. Crit. Care Med., 151:145-150, 1995.
- Ellaurie, M., Rubinstein, A. and Rosenstreich, D.L.: IgE levels in pediatric HIV-infection. Annals Allergy, Asthma, Immunology, 75:332-6, 1995.
- Rosenstreich, D.L., Eggleston, P.E., Kattan, M. et. al.: Role of cockroaches in the asthma morbidity of inner-city children. New England J. Medicine, 336:1356-1363; 1997.
- De Asis, M.B., Rosenstreich, D.L., Chang, C.J., Gourevitch, M.N., and Small, C.B. Effect of prior hepatitis B infection on serum IgE levels in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Ann Asthma and Immunol, 80:35-8; 1998.
- Small, C.B., McGowan, J.P., Klein, R.S., Schnipper, S.M., Chang, C.J, and Rosenstreich, D.L. Serum IgE levels in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Ann All Asthma and Immunol, 81:75-80, 1998.
- Eggleston, P.A., Rosenstreich, D., Lynn, H., Gergen, P., Baker, D., Kattan, M., Mortimer, L.M., Mitchell, H., Ownby, D., Slavin, R., Malveaux, F. Relationship of indoor allergen exposure to skin test sensitivity in inner city children with asthma. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol., 102: 563-70, 1998.
- Gergen, P.J., Mortimer, K.M., Eggleston, P.A., Rosenstreich, D., Mitchell, H., D., Kattan, M., Baker, D., Wright,E.C., Slavin, R., Malveaux, F. Results of the National Cooperative Inner-City Asthma Study (NCICAS) environmental intervention to reduce cockroach allergen exposure in inner-city homes. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 103:501-6, 1999
- Hudes, G., Vaghjimal, A and Rosenstreich, D.L. Asthma: Diagnosis and Management. in Allergy for Primary Care Physicians, Ed, Altman, Becker and Williams. W.B. Saunders, 2000.
- Stevenson, Lori A., P.J. Gergen, D.R. Hoover, D. Rosenstreich, et al Sociodemographic Correlates of Indoor Allergen Sensitivity Among United States Children. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 108:747-52, 2001
- Senturia YD. Bauman LJ. Coyle YM. Morgan W. Rosenstreich DL. Roudier MD. Mitchell H. Gruchalla R. Crain EF. The use of parent report to assess the quality of care in primary care visits among children with asthma. Ambulatory Pediatrics. 1:194-200, 2001
- Rosenstreich, D.L , Moday, H. and Hudes, G. Asthma and the environment. J. Asthma 40 (Suppl). 23-9, 2003
- Hudes, G., Vaghjimal, A and Rosenstreich, D.L. Basic Principles of Allergic Diseases. in Otolaryngology, Basic Science and Clinical Review. Ed. Van de Water and Staeker. Thieme Medical Publishers. 32-43, 2006
- McGowan, JP , S.S. Shah , C.B. Small , R.S. Klein, S. M. Schnipper , C.J. Chang, and D. L. Rosenstreich. Relationship of Serum Immunoglobulin and IgG Subclass Levels to Race, Ethnicity and Behavioral Characteristics In HIV Infection. Medical Science Monitor . 12:11-16, 2006.
- Jerschow, El., De Vos, G., Hudes, G., Rubinstein, A., Lipsitz, E., Rosenstreich, D.A Case of Common Variable Immunodeficiency Syndrome Associated With Takayasu Arteritis. Ann All Asthma Immunol. 98:196-9, 2007
- de Vos, G. and Rosenstreich, D.L. Immunologic disorders of the larynx. in The Larynx. Ed. M. Fried and A. Ferlito, Plural Publishing. 2007
- de Vos, G. S. Abotaga, ZH Liao, E. Jerschow and D. Rosenstreich. Selective effect of mercury on Th2-type cytokine production in humans. Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology. 29:537-48, 2007
- Jariwala, SP, Fodeman, J., Hudes, G, Ahuja, K, Rosenstreich, D. Functional antibody deficiency in a patient with type I Gaucher disease. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2008 Apr 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jariwala SP, Moday H, de Asis ML, Fodeman J, Hudes G, de Vos G, Rosenstreich D. The Urticaria Severity Score: a sensitive questionnaire/index for monitoring response to therapy in patients with chronic urticaria. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 102:475-82, 2009
- Fodeman J, Jariwala S, Hudes G, Wittner M, Klapper P, Liu Q, Rosenstreich D. Scratching the surface. Am J Med. 123:22-6, 2010
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.