- Medical School: Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency: Montefiore Health System (Family Medicine)
- Integrative medicine (complementary and alternative medicine), care of HIV + patients, educational quality, women’s health, uncertainty
- HIV primary care and QI
- Integrative medicine
- Educational innovation
- Teaching in the patient’s presence
- Ongoing HIV continuous quality improvement
- Comfort with uncertainty
Recent Publications and Presentations (selected)
- Are You Skipping Grand Rounds, Too? Family Medicine Education Consortium, Northeast Regional Meeting, Arlington, Virginia, 2014.
- Addressing Stigmatized Health Care in Family Medicine Education. Family Medicine Education Consortium, Northeast Regional Meeting, Arlington, Virginia, 2014.
- Life, Death, and Dying: Extending spirituality from physician to patient. Faculty mentor, Spirituality in Medicine Leadership Training Institute, New Lebanon, NY, 2014.
- Teaching From Within: Reflecting on Your Self-Identity as an Educator. Society of Teachers in Family Medicine, National Conference, San Antonio, Texas, 2014.
- Tips on TIPP: Teaching in the Patient’s Presence. Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Conference on Medical Student Education, Nashville, Tennessee, 2014.
- Tattelman E, Jennifer M. Purcell, Robert W. Morrow. Academic Detailing: Train-the-Detailer Session. MedEdPORTAL (in revision)
- Tattelman E, Karnik A, Fornari A. Questioning as a Tool in Teaching. MedEdPORTAL; 2011. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/8419
- Appelbaum, D, Kliger B, Barrett B, Frenkel M, Guerrera MP, Kondwani KA, Lee BB, Tattelman E. Natural and traditional medicine in Cuba: lesions for U.S. medical education. Acad Med, 2006;81:1098-103.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.