Dr.. Marantz oversees the educational and training programs of the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR). The ICTR offers degree-granting (MS, PhD) programs, as well as certificate programs and courses, that provide research skills to health professionals.
- Rubio DM, Schoenbaum EE, Lee LS, Schteingart DE, Marantz PR, Anderson KE, Platt LD, Baez A, Esposito K. Defining translational research: implications for training. Acad Med 2010; 85: 470-5.
- Marantz PR, Currie B, Shamoon H. Transforming the research environment through institutional partnership. Clinical and Translational Science 2010; 3: 12-3.
- Santoro N, McGinn AP, Cohen HW, Kaskel F, Marantz PR, Mulvihill M, Schoenbaum EE. In it for the long-term: defining the mentor-protégé relationship in a clinical research training program. Acad Med 2010; 85: 1067-72.
- Marantz PR, Strelnick AH, Currie B, Bhalla R, Blank A, Meissner P, Selywn P, Walker EA, Hsu DT, Shamoon H. Developing a multidisciplinary model of comparative effectiveness research within a Clinical and Translational Science Award. Acad Med 2011; 86: 712–717.
- Marantz PR. Don't call that apple medicine just yet. Blog post: http://blogs.einstein.yu.edu/dont-call-that-apple-medicine-just-yet-dangers-of-misleading-medical-journalism/
- Marantz PR. How do financial incentives influence doctors' judgment? Blog post: http://blogs.einstein.yu.edu/how-do-financial-incentives-influence-doctors-judgments/
- Gonzalez CM, Kim MY, Marantz PR. Implicit bias and its relation to health disparities: a teaching program and survey of medical students. Teach Learn Med. 2014; 26(1): 64-71. PMID: 24405348
- Marantz PR. Academia, applied research, and your tax dollars. Blog post: http://blogs.einstein.yu.edu/academia-applied-research-and-your-tax-dollars/
- Anderson BJ, Kligler B, Taylor B, Cohen HW, Marantz PR. Faculty survey to assess research literacy and evidence-informed practice interest and support at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. J Altern Complement Med. 2014 Sep; 20(9): 705-12. PMID: 25120170
- Marantz PR. Balancing the patient experience with evidence-based medicine. Blog post: http://blogs.einstein.yu.edu/balancing-the-patient-experience-with-evidence-based-medicine/
- Marantz PR. How to cause a measles epidemic in 5 easy steps. Blog post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-paul-marantz/cause-measles-epidemic_b_6624230.html
- Gonzalez CM, Fox AD, Marantz PR. The evolution of an elective in health disparities and advocacy: description of instructional strategies and program evaluation. Acad Med July 2015, epub ahead of print. PMID: 26222321
- Marantz PR. Personalizing medicine: considering preferences and values. Blog post: http://blogs.einstein.yu.edu/personalizing-medicine-considering-preferences-and-values/
More Information About Dr. Paul Marantz
Harold and Muriel Block Institute for Clinical and Translational Research at Einstein and Montefiore
Research Education and Training Programs of the ICTR
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.
The BBC interviews Dr. Paul Marantz about a study that found “an apple a day” was as effective as statins in preventing death. (Segment begins at 21:00 of “Obesity Crisis?” episode)
The New York Times features comments from Dr. Paul Marantz in "The Ethicist," a reader-posed column on morals.
More media coverage