Erkan Buyuk, M.D.
Fertility Preservation, Ovarian Cryopreservation/Transplantation, Third Party Reproduction, Ovum/Embryo Donation, Neurotrophins in Folliculogenesis/Infertility and Diminished Ovarian Reserve
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- Merhi Z, Buyuk E, Berger DS, Zapantis A, Israel DD, Chua S Jr, Jindal S. Leptin suppresses anti-Mullerian hormone gene expression through the JAK2/STAT3 pathway in luteinized granulosa cells of women undergoing IVF. Hum Reprod. 2013 Mar 15. [Epub ahead of print].
- Baykara B, Aksu I, Buyuk E, Kiray M, Sisman A, Baykara B, Dayi A, Tas A, Ozdemir D, Arda M, Uysal N.Progesterone treatment decreases traumatic brain injury induced anxiety and is correlated with increased serum IGF-1 levels; prefrontal cortex, amygdala, hippocampus neuron density; and reduced serum corticosterone levels in immature rats.Biotech Histochem. 2013 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print].
- Aksu I, Ates M, Baykara B, Kiray M, Sisman AR, Buyuk E, Baykara B, Cetinkaya C, Gumus H, Uysal N. Anxiety correlates to decreased blood and prefrontal cortex IGF-1 levels in streptozotocin induced diabetes. Neurosci Lett. 2012 Dec 7;531(2):176-81.
- Nejat EJ, Buyuk E. Reproductive technologies and the risk of birth defects. N Engl J Med. 2012 Aug 30;367(9):875; author reply 875-6.
- Aksu I, Baykara B, Ozbal S, Cetin F, Sisman AR, Dayi A, Gencoglu C, Tas A, Buyuk E, Gonenc-Arda S, Uysal N. Maternal treadmill exercise during pregnancy decreases anxiety and increases prefrontal cortex VEGF and BDNF levels of rat pups in early and late periods of life. Neurosci Lett. 2012 May 16;516(2):221-5.
- Uysal N, Sisman AR, Dayi A, Ozbal S, Cetin F, Baykara B, Aksu I, Tas A, Cavus SA, Gonenc-Arda S,Buyuk E. Acute footshock-stress increases spatial learning-memory and correlates to increased hippocampal BDNF and VEGF and cell numbers in adolescent male and female rats. Neurosci Lett. 2012 Apr 18;514(2):141-6.
- Uysal N, Sisman AR, Dayi A, Aksu I, Cetin F, Gencoglu C, Tas A, Buyuk E. Maternal exercise decreases maternal deprivation induced anxiety of pups and correlates to increased prefrontal cortex BDNF and VEGF. Neurosci Lett. 2011 Nov 21;505(3):273-8.
- Nejat EJ, Jindal S, Berger D, Buyuk E, Lalioti M, Pal L. Implications of blood type for ovarian reserve. Hum Reprod 2011;26:2513-7.
- Buyuk E, Santoro N, Cohen HW, Charron MJ, Jindal S. Reduced neurotrophin recetor tropomyosin-related kinase A expression in human granulosa cells: a novel marker of diminishing ovarian reserve. Fertil Steril 2011;96:474-8.
- Buyuk E, Seifer DB, Illions E, Grazi RV, Lieman H.Elevated body mass index is associated with lower anti-mullerian hormone levels in infertile women with diminished ovarian reserve but not with normal ovarian reserve. Fertil Steril 2011 April 27.
- Buyuk E, Seifer DB, Younger J, Grazi RV, Lieman H. Random anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) is a predictor of ovarian response in women with elevated baseline early follicular follicle-stimulating hormone levels. Fertil Steril 2011 April 15.
- Kucherov A, Polotsky AJ, Menke M, Isaac B, McAvey B, Buyuk E, Bradford AP, Hickmon C, Babbs B, Berga S, Loucks T, Santoro N. Aromatase inhibition causes increased amplitude, but not frequency, of hypothalamic-pituitary output in normal women. Fertil Steril. 2011 Feb 24. [Epub ahead of print]
- Oktem O, Buyuk E, Oktay K. Preantral Follicle Growth is Regulated by c-Jun-N-Terminal Kinase (JNK) Pathway.Reprod Sci. 2010 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Buyuk E, Nejat E, Neal-Perry G. Determinants of female reproductive senescence: differential roles for the ovary and the neuroendocrine axis. Semin Reprod Med 2010;28:370-9.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E, Rodriguez-Wallberg KA, Sahin G. In vitro maturation improves oocyte or embryo cryopreservation outcome in breast cancer patients undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for fertility preservation. RBMOnline, 2010;20:634-8.
- Buyuk E, Neal-Perry G. Translational research and reproductive senescence. The Female Patient 2009;34:12.
- Buyuk E, Oktay K, Oktem O, Oktay M, Giancotti F. Jun amino terminal kinase regulates G2/M transition possibly through aurora B. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:533-41.
- Buyuk E, Seifer, DB. Follicular-fluid neurotrophin levels in women undergoing assisted reproductive technology for different etiologies of infertility. Fertil Steril 2008;90:1611-5.
- Bhangoo A, Buyuk E, Oktay K, Ten S. Phenotypic Features of 46, XX Females with StAR Protein Mutations. Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 2007;5:633-41.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E, Libertella N, Akar M, Rosenwaks Z. Fertility preservation in breast cancer patients: a prospective controlled comparison of ovarian stimulation with tamoxifen and letrozole for embryo cryopreservation. J Clin Oncol 2005;23(19):4347-53.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E. Fertility preservation in women undergoing cancer treatment. Lancet 2004;363(9423):1830.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E. Ovarian Transplantation in humans: Indications, techniques and the risk of reseeding cancer. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2004;113 Suppl 1:45-7.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E, Veeck L, Zaninovic L, Xu K, Takeuchi T, Opsahl M, Rosenwaks Z. Embryo development after heterotopic transplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue. Lancet 2004;363:837-40.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E, Rosenwaks Z, Rucinski J. A technique for transplantation of ovarian cortical strips to the forearm. Fertil Steril 2003;80(1):193-8.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E, Davis O, Yermakova I, Veeck L, Rosenwaks Z. Fertility preservation in breast cancer patients: IVF and embryo cryopreservation after ovarian stimulation with tamoxifen. Hum Reprod. 2003;18(1):90-5.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E. The potential of ovarian tissue transplant to preserve fertility. Expert Opin Biol Ther 2002;2(4):361-70.
- Buyuk E, Durmusoglu F, Dokmeci C. Effect of initial gestagen treatment on bleeding patterns in postmenopausal women receiving continuous combined HRT. Menopause 1999;6(2):156-60.
- Buyuk E, Durmusoglu F, Erenus M, Karakoc B. Endometrial disease diagnosed by transvaginal ultrasound and dilatation and curettage. Acta Obstet et Gynecol Scandinavica 1999:78(5);419-22.
- Buyuk E, Gurler A, Erenus M. Relationship between circulating E2 levels, body mass index and breakthrough bleeding in postmenopausal women receiving HRT. Menopause 1998;5(1):24-27.
- Buyuk E, Erenus M, Binoz S, Cakalagaoglu F. Nonimmune Hydrops Fetalis Associated with Extralobar Pulmonary Sequestration: Case Report. Marmara Medical Journal 1997;10(3):146-48.
- Buyuk E, Erenus M. Primaryamenorrhea associated with deletion in the short arm of X chromosome: Case report. Turkish Bulletin of Gynecology and Obstetrics1997;6(4):163-4.
- Akman MA, Buyuk E. Apoptosis and human reproduction. Marmara Medical Journal. 1997;10(4):217-220.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E. Frontiers in fertility. Chapter in Nezhat's Video-Assisted and Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy, 4th Edition.
- Buyuk E, Oktem O, Sonmezer M, Oktay K. Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and other fertility preservation strategies. Chapter 25 in: Gardner Textbook of Gynecology, 3rd Edition.
- Buyuk E, Santoro N. Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy. Chapter in: Comprehensive Toxicology, 2nd edition.
- Buyuk E, Oktay K. “The Technique of Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation and Transplantation”. Chapter in: Atlas of Gynecologic Oncology-Investigation and Surgery. Eds: JR Smith, G Del Priore, J Curtin and JM Monaghan. 2005.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E. "Fertility and Cancer in Women". In: Reproductive Medicine Secrets. Eds: Chan P, Goldstein M, Rosenwaks Z. Hanley & Belfus Inc., 2004;380-4.
- Oktay K, Buyuk E. "The Technique of Ovarian Transplantation: Laboratory and Clinical Aspects". Chapter in: A Color Atlas for Human Assisted Reproduction / Laboratory and Clinical Insights. Editors: Patrizio P, Tucker MJ, Guelman V, 2003, Pages: 229-38.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.