We will begin accepting applications through VSAS or paper starting on April 15. Applications received before this date will be returned to sender without being processed. For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas, or email at email@example.com, or (202) 478-9878. Only students enrolled at U.S. LCME accredited medical schools may currently use VSAS to apply for electives.
Students from Sackler, an Osteopathic program or one of the affiliated International Exchange Programs should submit the Visiting Student Elective Application for each separate course offered along with the following supporting documents:
- $100 application processing fee PER elective course, made out to Albert Einstein COM (waived for the Exchange Program students)
- Proof of USMLE Step 1 Exam or COMLEX Exam (waived for Exchange Program students)
- Photo (passport size)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcript
- Proof of Personal Health Insurance
- Proof of Malpractice Insurance ($1,000,000 / $3,000,000 million malpractice coverage required). We do not allow students to purchase malpractice insurance on their own.
- Completed Einstein Health/Immunization form (included with elective application)
- Proof of BLS or ACLS
- Proof of HIPAA
We strongly encourage International Exchange students to submit applications 7-8 months in advance of your chosen elective’s start date and must contain all requested information and documentation, signature, and school seal from both the student and the appropriate school Dean.
Submit Application to:
Office of the Registrar
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Belfer Building, Room 210
Bronx, New York 10461