Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University will begin accepting all applications starting April 15 for the next academic year that begins May/June.
Einstein does not accept international students or students from non-accredited LCME medical schools for elective courses, excluding pre-approved students with one of Einstein’s established Student Exchange Programs.
Einstein requires visiting students to submit the AAMC’s Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) applications.
Sackler School of Medicine and/or other medical students, who do not have access to VSAS: Must be a U.S. citizen, or a permanent resident, or have a F1 student visa issued from their home medical school; and should submit the paper application.
● Einstein requires students to follow our set Rotation dates
● We are unable to respond to inquiries regarding availability of electives and are unable to reserve/waitlist spots
● Completed applications are registered as a first come, first serve basis
● A maximum of 3 electives/12 weeks are allowed
● Registration MUST be finalized and confirmed by the Office of the Registrar
● Visiting students will be notified at least 30 days prior, if not sooner, to the start of the rotation block
● Kindly, do not contact Elective Course Director's unless otherwise noted on elective course description
● Einstein does not provide housing, parking, or meal tickets for electives; for housing assistance, please visit rotatingroom.com
General Student Eligibility Requirements:
● Attend a U.S. Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical school
● Must be in their final year
● Must be in good academic standing
● Completed required clinical core clerkships by the starting date of the desired elective
● Have Passed the USMLE Step I Exam (or the COMLEX Exam)
● Be covered by malpractice insurance through their home medical school ($1 million per claim/$3 million Aggregate).**Students who purchase malpractice coverage on their own, MUST do so PRIOR to registration.
Questions regarding 4th Year Electives please contact:
Office of the Registrar
Students interested in applying for electives at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center, please contact Hofstra North Shore-LIJ Medical School.
Student interested in applying for electives at Beth Israel Medical Center, please contact them directly.