Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University will begin accepting all applications starting April 15 for the next academic year that begins May/June.
Einstein does not accept international students or students from non-accredited LCME medical schools for elective courses, excluding pre-approved students with one of Einstein’s established Student Exchange Programs.
Einstein requires visiting students to submit an application on AAMC’s Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS)
Sackler School of Medicine, Technion and/or other medical students who do not have access to VSAS: Must be a U.S. citizen, or a permanent resident, or have a F1 student visa issued from their home medical school; and should submit the paper application.
● Einstein requires visiting students to follow our set rotation dates
● We are unable to respond to inquiries regarding availability of electives or application status
● We are unable to reserve/waitlist spots
● Completed applications are registered on a first come, first serve basis
● A maximum of 3 electives/12 weeks are allowed
● Registration MUST be finalized and confirmed by the Office of the Registrar
● Visiting students will be notified at least 30 days prior, if not sooner, to the start of the rotation block
● Einstein does not provide housing, parking, or meal tickets for electives; for housing assistance, please visit rotatingroom.com
General Student Eligibility Requirements:
● Attend a U.S. Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical school
● Must be in final year of medical school
● Must be in good academic standing
● Completed required clinical core clerkships by the starting date of the desired elective
● Have Passed the USMLE Step I Exam (or the COMLEX Exam)
● Immunization records **Starting with the 2016-2017 academic year, students are required to use the AAMC Standardized Immunization Form
● Malpractice insurance through their home medical school ($1 million per claim/$3 million Aggregate)**Students who purchase malpractice coverage on their own MUST do so PRIOR to registration.
Questions regarding 4th Year Electives please contact:
Office of the Registrar
Students interested in applying for electives at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center, please contact Hofstra North Shore-LIJ Medical School.
Student interested in applying for electives at Beth Israel Medical Center, please contact them directly.