Einstein provides a variety of fellowships for research, global health, and other enriching experiences listed below. Students may apply for fellowships for other programs that are not listed, but must be approved by Drs. Schoenbaum or Berman. Please download applications and apply for relevant program by dates listed below.
- Summer Research Fellowship
- 8-week research projects conducted under the supervision of faculty at Einstein and other institutions with fellowship stipend of $2,500. Applications are due May 15 of the desired fellowship summer.
- Einstein Research Fellowship
- $16,000 stipend for 1 year of mentor-guided research during a gap year between your clerkship year and fourth year.
- The research project leads to an original research paper and serves as the Scholarly Paper required of all Einstein students.
- Students are encouraged to submit applications with Einstein/Montefiore mentors, however it is acceptable to work with mentors and on projects at other institutions, including outside of the United States. If you are interested in international research, please contact Jill Raufman, MS, MPH to discuss opportunities.
- Students who are in good standing and in their third year of the curriculum are eligible to apply.
- Applications are due March 15. Applicants will be notified on or before April 15.
- Senior Research Fellowship
- $3,500 stipend for 5 months of research under supervision of faculty at Einstein or another institution.
- Applicants must be in the process of completing or have already completed the clerkship year.
- Applications are accepted between March 15 of the clerkship year and December 1 of the senior year. If preference for a particular research block is needed, applications are due by March 15 of the clerkship year. Otherwise, applications are accepted through December 1 of the senior year.
- Students are notified of approval on a rolling basis. Retroactive fellowship applications (for research already conducted) will not be approved.
Application Forms for the above programs are available here (via eMED).
Please see the Global Health Center webpage for other research opportunities, as these can also be a pathway to completing your SP.