COGME was established in 1989 as an open forum for all Program Directors, Department Chairs, Department Administrators and others interested in GME. It functions as an activity of the Dean’s Office. Residents nominated by peers in their programs participate as full participants on COGME. The Committee meets monthly (except summer).
- COGME conducts mid-cycle internal reviews of residency training programs.
- COGME reviews reports of internal and RRC reviews.
- COGME ensures implementation of remedial actions as required.
- COGME monitors institutional agreements.
- COGME establishes and monitors:
Program policies as required by the ACGME