Each job application requires the preparation of a carefully crafted application package that includes a cover letter and a CV or resume. Academic job applications might require a research statement and teaching philosophy.
COVER LETTER (all jobs)
- CV template (general document)
- CV guide from the National Institutes of Health
- Keep in mind: A CV is an on paper persona. A CV includes all academic credentials. There is no page limit. Use action verbs.
- Videos about CV & Resume Writing can be found HERE.
- If you prepare an academic promotion package or a grant application you must follow strictly the specific CV guidelines provided. For example, for a promotion at Einstein you should follow this CV format. If you apply for an NIH grant you should acknowledge the standard NIH biosketch format.
RESUME (industry and other non-academic jobs)
- Resume template
- Resume Styles
- Keep in mind: A resume is a tailored document for ONE specific job. A resume is a 1 page document (max. 2 pages). Use action verbs.
CV & Resume Hybrid (some positions require some sort of hybrid)
Research Statements and Teaching Philosophy (academic jobs)