Department of Orthopaedic Surgery

Locations

The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery of Albert Einstein College of Medicine encompasses Montefiore Medical Center (including the Henry & Lucy Moses Division, the Jack D. Weiler Division, and the Wakefield Division), Jacobi Medical Center, North Central Bronx Hospital, and Blythedale Children's Hospital. Our affiliates also include orthopeadic surgeons as Beth Israel Medical Center and the Long Island Jewish hospital.

Montefiore Medical Center

Montefiore was founded in 1884 by leaders of New York's Jewish community, who recognized the need for a care facility for patients with tuberculosis and other chronic illnesses. The hospital was named to honor Sir Moses Montefiore, a famed philanthropist of the time. Today Montefiore is one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, including a dynamic medical center that covers three campuses.

The west campus, or the Henry and Lucy Moses Division, is comprised of a 706-bed hospital facility, the nine-story Jerome L. and Dawn Greene Medical Arts Pavilion for ambulatory care and diagnostic services, and the new Children's Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM). It is located in the Norwood section of the Bronx, directly south of the Westchester County border.

The east campus, or the Jack D. Weiler Division, is comprised of a 356-bed hospital and a state-of-the-art ambulatory care facility (1250 Waters Place) which houses major clinical departments and full-time physician private practices and support services for the hospital. It is located in the Pelham Parkway section of the Bronx and is adjacent to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University.

The north campus, or the Wakefield Division, is comprised of the 369-bed hospital facility. It is located in the Wakefield section of the Bronx, adjacent to the Bronx River Parkway.

 

Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospitals

The North Bronx Healthcare Network (NBHN) is one of six regional networks established by the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation. The NBHN consists of Jacobi Medical Center (JMC), North Central Bronx Hospital (NCBH), and affiliated community health care centers, and is a major academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University.

Jacobi Medical Center provides quality health care for some 1.2 million Bronx and New York area residents. Founded in 1955, Jacobi was named in honor of Dr. Abraham Jacobi, known as the father of American pediatrics. With more than 500 beds, Jacobi Medical Center has grown into the largest public hospital in the Bronx and is the only Level I Trauma Center serving the North Bronx and Lower Westchester.

Opened in 1976, North Central Bronx Hospital (NCBH) is a 200-bed hospital adjacent to Montefiore Medical Center's Moses Division. This is one of New York City's most ethnically diverse service areas.

 

Blythedale Children's Hospital

Blythedale Children's Hospital has a 92 bed inpatient service that provides comprehensive medical and rehabilitative care to children from birth to 19 years. Many of these patients are referred to Blythedale from neonatal or pediatric intensive care units. According to the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions, Blythedale is the only independent, free-standing children's rehabilitation hospital in the entire United States.

Click here to log in