Director: Lenore Concepcion Ocava, M.D.
The division of Vascular Neurology is dedicated to the following endeavors:
- provide the highest standard of medical care for individuals with cerebrovascular disorders,
- participate in current research to provide patients access to innovative diagnostic techniques and therapies for the acute treatment and secondary prevention of stroke,
- strive to educate our community about stroke and cerebrovascular diseases, as well as effective preventive measures to attain cerebrovascular wellness,
- educate our resident physicians, allied medical professionals, and physicians from other disciplines who are integral to our multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
Members of the Division of Vascular Neurology are board-certified neurologists with specialized training and expertise in the diagnosis and management of cerebrovascular disorders including:
- Ischemic stroke
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Transient ischemic attacks
- Carotid disease
- Vascular malformations
Through our New York State Designated Stroke Centers at Montefiore Medical Center and Jacobi Medical Center, we are able to provide specialized emergency care to patients with acute stroke with the utilization of efficient protocols for assessment, highly-trained team of multidisciplinary specialists, and state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and treatment strategies.
|Ocava, Lenore Concepcion , M.D.
|Sparr, Steve A., M.D.
|Mabie, Peter, M.D.
|Schumacher, Herman Christian, M.D.
|Amoashiy, Michael, M.D., Ph.D.