The prerequisites for admission to the program include graduation from an ACGME accredited medical school. All positions are filled through ERAS/NRMP. For the application cycle taking place in 2015-2016, the program plans to match 1 candidate. Interview dates for 2015-2016 are Mondays December 8, 2014, December 15, 2014, and January 12, 2015. Applicants are invited to join our present residents for dinner Sunday evening prior to the interview in NYC.
General information regarding interview dates and the match process can be found on the Society of Neurological Surgeons website.
- PGY-1 Salary ~ $55,900/year disbursed biweekly. The salaries increase each year pending promotion to the next PGY level
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance are provided through the hospital
- A Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity Plan is available through the hospital
- 4 weeks vacation provided each year
- Malpractice coverage is provided through the hospital
- $15 a day is provided for meals at Montefiore Medical Center
- $500 a year is provided through the House Staff office's book fund which may be used to purchase a smart phone, iPhone, iPad, e-reader, etc.
- Surgical loupes are provided in the first year through the department
- 4 Labcoats a year and scrubs are provided through the hospital
- Parking is available for $60 a month which can be deducted pre-tax from your payroll check
- Further information on house staff or general hospital benefits is available on the GME House Staff website
- Travel and accommodations are provided to those giving presentations at national conferences and meetings
- Subsidized resident housing is available on the hospital campus or in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Further information is available through Montefiore Housing
Medical students interested in doing a one month clinical elective in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center may contact the Registrar's Ofiice at (718) 430-2102 or the Residency Coordinator, Teshana Barrett at (718) 920-4216 or firstname.lastname@example.org