Einstein/Montefiore residents enjoy a quality of life that’s hard to find in many urban areas: comfortable, affordable housing in an area rich with recreation and entertainment.
Montefiore Medical Center's Bronx location is easily accessible by train from Manhattan, and by car from Westchester. About sixty percent of residents live in Montefiore housing in the Bronx, thirty percent in Manhattan, and the remainder in Westchester and other areas. For residents who choose to live in the Bronx, Montefiore Medical Center offers several affordable and convenient housing options.
3411 Wayne Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
Montefiore I ("Monte I") is a twelve-story mixed use property adjacent to the hospital.
- Seven floors of housing with laundry room, elevators, and 24-hour guard service.
- Balconies are offered in some units, which range in size from studios to 2 bedrooms.
- All units are supplied with a refrigerator and gas range.
3450 Wayne Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
Montefiore II ("Monte II") is a 28-story high rise located directly across the street from Montefiore I, and is conveniently located to all campuses.
- Monte II offers central air conditioning, laundry facilities, high-speed elevators, and 24-hour guard service.
- Apartment sizes range from studios to two bedrooms.
- Rent includes gas and electricity.
- All units offer balconies, a refrigerator and a gas range.
3636 Waldo Avenue
Bronx, NY 10463
Montefiore’s Waldo Avenue building is situated in the Bronx’s historic Riverdale district, approximately seven minutes by car from the Moses campus.
- These beautiful rentals offer amenities including a large backyard for the use of all tenants, a laundry room, and 24-hour guard services.
- All units are supplied with a refrigerator and gas range or countertop range. Most units are supplied with a dishwasher.
- Unit sizes range from studios to 2 bedrooms, most of which have balconies.
- Montefiore provides free door-to-door shuttle service, at select times, to and from the Moses campus.
Housestaff are eligible for membership in the Falk Recreation Center, a complete fitness center adjacent to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Open every day (except for Saturdays in June, July, and August), the Falk Center offers a full range of sports and exercise activities, from intramural team competition to yoga and aerobics classes. The Center's early morning and late evening hours make it especially convenient for house officers from both campuses.
The Bronx is home to some of the nation's most authentic, inexpensive international dining. Just a few of the options include:
Bronx Hospitality, Unnoticed by the Tourist Guides (NY Times)
Hidden Gems in the Bronx (Chowhound)
Dominick's Restaurant in the Bronx (NY Magazine)
Bronx Restaurants (Urban Spoon)
Dining, Shopping, and Places to Go in the Bronx (yelp)
The years of house staff training are among the most exciting and challenging of a physician's career. Residency is a time of rapid learning and rigorous study, a time for forming lifelong friendships and laying permanent foundations for professional growth.
Most of this transformative experience takes place in the hospital, during teaching rounds and at the bedside, and in the ambulatory clinics, under the tutelage of senior residents, faculty, and attending physicians. The hospital, though, is always part of the broader community--in Einstein's case, the Bronx.
In addition to providing the Montefiore hospitals with a diverse patient population, the Bronx community is home to some of New York City's most comfortable neighborhoods and prized scenic attractions. Minutes away from midtown Manhattan, the Bronx is less frenetic and offers endless ways to relax and enjoy yourself. Check out some of our local attractions.
Baseball at Yankee Stadium
The Bronx Zoo (Wildlife Conservation Society)
Pelham Bay Park
The New York Botanical Garden
Orchard Beach on Long Island Sound
Bronx Arts Ensemble
Bronx Museum of the Arts
Bronx Opera Company
Van Cortlandt Park
Edgar Allan Poe Cottage
Hall of Fame for Great Americans