Montefiore AIDS Center Receives Namibian, Guyanese Visitors
The Montefiore AIDS Center and Center for Positive Living/ID Clinic hosted a site visit that included a presentation followed by a tour for visitors from Namibia and Guyana. The visitors were accompanied by Dr. Bruce Agins, Medical Director AIDS Institute, and his staff.
The Montefiore AIDS Center , directed by Dr. Barry Zingman, is a major source of HIV/AIDS education and a model program of highest quality patient care for HIV/AIDS treatment initiatives worldwide. The centers and clinic have hosted and trained representatives from over 35 countries throughout South America, Asia, Europe, and Africa.
- Dr. Norbert Foster, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS)
- Ms. Ella Shihepo, Director of Special Programs, MoHSS
- Jeremia Shetunyenga, Director, Tonata (a consumer advocacy group)
- Dr. Ndapewa Hamunime, Senior Medical Officer, MoHSS
- Mrs. Francis Tjituka, Nursing Coordinator, MoHSS
- Ms Naemi Shoopala, CDC HIV/AIDS Field Officer
- Dr. Shanti Singh, Programme Manager, National AIDS Programme Secretariat, Ministry of Health
- Ms. Debra Vitalis, Programme Coordinator, PMTCT
- Mr. Paul Persaud, Information Management Officer, MOH
- Dr. Curtis LaFleur, Project Officer, Adolescent Development, UNICEF