1. Hinchey J, Lee S, Manjunatha V, Chen B, Basaraba RJ, Jeon BY, Derrick SC, Chan J, Braunstein M, Orme IM, Morris, SL, Jacobs Jr. WR, Morris SL,Porcelli SA. Enhanced priming of adaptive immunity by a proapoptotic mutant of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J. Clin. Invest. 117:2279-2288 (2007).
2. Porcelli SA and Jacobs, WR Jr. Tuberculosis: unsealing the apoptotic envelope (News & Views). Nature Immunol. 9:1101-2 (2008).
3. Porcelli, SA. Tuberculosis: Shrewd survival strategy. Nature 454:702-3 (2008).
4. Im JS, Arora P, Bricard G, Molano A, Venkataswamy MM, Baine I, Jerud ES, Goldberg MF, Yu KOA, Ndonye RM, Howell AR, Yuan W, Cresswell P, Chang YT, Illarionov PA, Besra GS and Porcelli SA. Kinetics and cellular site of glycolipid loading control the outcome of Natural Killer T cell activation. Immunity 30:888-98 (2009).
5.Baena A, Porcelli SA. Evasion and subversion of antigen presentation by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tissue Antigens 74:189-204 (2009).
6. Venkataswamy MM, Baena A, Goldberg M, Bricard G, Im JS, Besra GS, Chan J, Jacobs Jr. WR and Porcelli SA. Enhancement of immunogenicity of M. bovis BCG by incorporation of NKT cell activating glycolipids. J Immunol. 183:1644-56 (2009).
7. Sweeney KA, Dao DN, Goldberg MF, Hsu T, Venkataswamy MM, Henao-Tamayo M, Ordway D, Sellers RS, Jain P, Chen B, Chen M, Kim J, Lukose R, Chan J, Orme IM, Porcelli SA and Jacobs WR Jr. A recombinant Mycobacterium smegmatis induces potent bactericidal immunity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Nature Medicine 17:1261-8 (2011).
8. Arora P, Venkataswamy MM, Baena A, Bricard G, Li Q, Veerapen N, Ndonye R, Park JJ, Lee JH, Seo KC, Howell AR, Chang YT, Illarionov PA, Besra GS, Chung SK and Porcelli SA. A rapid fluorescence-based assay for classification of iNKT cell activating glycolipids. J Am Chem Soc. 133:5198-201 (2011).
9. Venkataswamy MM, Goldberg MF, Baena A, Chan J, Jacobs WR Jr and Porcelli SA. In vitro culture medium influences the vaccine efficacy of Mycobacterium bovis BCG. Vaccine. 30:1038-49 (2012).
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.