Director: Steven R. Cohen, M.D.
The Einstein-Montefiore Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowship Program provides an in-depth experience in the clinical research related to dermatology.
The program offers clinical research experience tailored to each fellow’s needs. Working with academic clinicians, fellows gain clinical skills that serve them and their patients in the future.
- Develop skills in the planning, implementation and conduct of clinical trials
- Develop skills in the evaluation, management and prevention of dermatologic diseases, and data analysis
- Gain experience with these diseases in the clinical research (practice) setting
- Develop effective interpersonal and communication skills with study patients, their families, members of the research staff, and pharmaceutical sponsors in the clinical research setting
- Become familiar with regulations at the federal and state level that govern current approaches and tools for conducting clinical trials
- Develop an understanding of the drug development process, and good clinical practices
Current Research Studies
- Amgen Study- Phase IV study reviewing long-term safety of Enbrel in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis.
- Intercytex - Phase III study of the efficacy of ICXP007 plus four-layer compression in the treatment of chronic venous ulcers.
- Centocor Study- Study of the efficacy of Remicaide in the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis in patients with inadequate response to Enbrel.
- Hill Study- Phase II study of the safety of Clobetasol Propionate Oil in the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis.
- Abbott Study- Study of the efficacy of Humira in the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis in patients with inadequate response to Enbrel.