Lectures and Conferences
- All fellows and attendings from both divisions meet for two hours every Friday for a formal clinical allergy or basic immunology lectures.
- 1-2 hour journal club/literature review every Monday for 12 months.
- Department of Medicine Grand Rounds every Thursday for 10 months.
- Attendance at the Medical school basic immunology course every fall semester.
- Attendance at the Graduate School Advance Immunology course every other Spring semester
- All other Medical school lectures are open to fellows. There are usually several relevant immunology lectures scheduled every week.
Fellows are encouraged to participate in NY Allergy Society evening meetings four times per year. Fellows are also strongly encouraged to attend and present their research at the annual meetings of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) and the American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology (AAAAI).
During these meetings, there are plenty of opportunities for networking and exposure to job fairs. Attendings are always available to offer advice and guidance about post-fellowship life.