Longevity Genes Project | Become a Participant in Phase 2 ("LonGenity")
We are currently recruiting for Phase 2 ("LonGenity") participants for the Longevity Genes Project. If you are interested, please contact our office at 718.430.3880 or email Wanda Guzman-Delgado.
Who Can Participate?
Phase 2 participants must be:
- 65 years of age or older
- Of Ashkenazi Jewish descent (family was originally from Eastern Europe)
- Living in the United States
- At least one parent lived to be 95 or older
What Does Participation Involve?
- Annual visits to Einstein's campus
Each visit will take approximately 2-3 hours (longer during the first visit), and will include the following
-Medical history & physical examination
-Blood test, EKG
-Tests of memory and walking ability
- Breakfast or lunch and transportation (or parking) will be provided free of charge
Benefits of Joining the Study
- In exchange for their time, participants will receive a comprehensive medical assessment. Additionally, participants will play an active role in a scientific study that could lead to new drug therapies that may help people live longer, healthier lives and avoid or delay age-related diseases.