Each year, Albert Einstein College of Medicine recognizes distinguished alumni for their significant achievements and contributions to the advancement of medicine, biomedical science and medical education. The recipients of these awards, the highest recognition given to alumni, bring honor to the College of Medicine and serve as role models for all current and future Einstein students. The Einstein Alumni Association also annually honors a faculty member whose achievements and contributions exemplify similar excellence and influence. Awards are presented annually at Commencement and the annual Reunion Dinner in the spring.
- Dominick P. Purpura Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award recognizes outstanding achievements in clinical medicine and/or biomedical research, or a professional career dedicated to humanitarian achievements.
- Distinguished PhD Alumnus/Alumna Award recognizes outstanding accomplishments in biomedical science, biotechnology, and/or professional leadership in advancing biomedical research for the benefit of humankind.
- Einstein Honorary Alumnus/Alumna Award recognizes distinguished members of the faculty who have made a profound, positive impact on the College of Medicine, and who exemplify the attributes for which Einstein is renowned -- caring and humanity, concern for the individual and an abiding commitment to serve the students of the medical school.
- Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes Einstein alumni who have attained distinction in their fields and who have made major contributions to the health and welfare of underserved communities.
- Lifetime Service Award acknowledges Einstein alumni members who have demonstrated exemplary service and dedication to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine community through their volunteer efforts.
Each year Albert Einstein College of Medicine is proud to recognize distinguished alumni and faculty for their significant achievements and contributions to the advancement of medicine, biomedical science and medical education. The Einstein Alumni Awards are the highest recognition given to our alumni and the recipients bring honor to the College of Medicine and serve as role models for all current and future Einstein students.
Candidates for alumni awards must be graduates of the College of Medicine or the Sue Golding Graduate Division of Biomedical Science. Honorary Alumnus Award candidates must be members of the faculty who are not Einstein alumni. Recipients are chosen by the Einstein Alumni Association Awards Committee with approval of the full Board of Governors and the Dean of the College. All alumni are invited to nominate candidates for each of the awards, and self-nomination is encouraged. A list of past recipients is available by clicking the links above.
In order to submit your nomination, please send a typewritten letter of nomination to the Alumni Association Awards Committee including the following:
- The candidate’s name, degree, class year, specialty or area of research
- The award for which the person is being nominated.
- A statement of why you feel this person deserves consideration for the particular award (given significant consideration in the judging process).
- Any other relevant information that the committee may find helpful in reaching its decision.
Please submit letters of nomination no later than Friday, December 9, 2016 to:
Alumni Association Awards Committee
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue, Block Building, Room 727, Bronx, NY 10461
Thank you for your participation in this special Einstein tradition.