Office of International Services (OIS)

H-1 Travel

To another country:

A visa may be necessary for travel to a country other than your own country of citizenship or permanent residence. You should contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country you intend to visit to determine what documents you will need. This site provides links to websites of many foreign embassies in the United States.

To re-enter the United States:

You will need:

  • A valid passport
  • A valid visa in your passport
  • The original I-797 approval notice
  • A current letter from your sponsor
  • A copy of the H-1B petition packet

If you are considering travel outside of the U.S., contact the OIS at 718.430.2850 or to ensure that your papers are in order in advance of your departure.

Click here to log in