Office of International Services (OIS)

H-4 Dependents of H-1B Temporary Workers

Spouses and unmarried minor children (under 21 years of age) are eligible to apply for H-4 visa status. The H-4 visa status does not allow employment authorization. If an H-4 can qualify for a specialty occupation on their own, then a change of visa status to H-1 may be undertaken.

H-4 dependents are eligible to engage in full-time or part-time study while in the U.S

Click here to log in