Office of International Services (OIS)

Arriving at Einstein

Upon your arrival to the United States, please contact the departmental administrator who will schedule an appointment for you to meet with the OIS. At the appointment, please bring with you: your passport, including the I-94 card, and the passport(s) of your dependents (if applicable).

If you do not already have a Social Security number, you will need to apply for one.  If you live in the Bronx, Brooklyn, or Queens, NY, or receive mail there, you must apply in person to the Social Security Card Center for an original Social Security card. This specialized center processes applications for initial and replacement Social Security Number (SSN) cards.

The Bronx Social Security Card Center
820 Concourse Village West, Second Floor
(between 158th and 159th Streets)
Bronx, NY 10451

If you have questions about this procedure, visit the Social Security Administration website. 

Click here to log in