Office of International Services (OIS)


Spouses and unmarried minor (under 21 years of age) children of an F-1 student are eligible to apply for F-2 Visa Status.

Dependents will be issued a Form I-20 to be used in making their application for the F-2 Entry Visa at the U.S. Consulate abroad.

Individuals in F-2 Status are not eligible to accept employment, nor will they be issued Social Security numbers.

F-2 dependents can apply for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) from the International Revenue Service which can be used for banking purposes, and the like.


F-1 Student Links

F-1 Current Students 

Prospective Students  

F-1 Travel  


Program Extension  

Employment (Optional Practical Training)

Social Security  

Click here to log in