Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) has contracted with the University of Miami for faculty and staff to take the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) computer-based training program as an adjunct to the training already provided. The CITI courses have the advantage of reducing classroom time for investigative staff. The face to face training sessions will be shorter and Einstein specific. General information will be given at your convenience using the CITI modules.
The CITI program has been developed in modules and will take from 1-5 hours to complete, depending on species and type of procedure being performed. Coursework must be completed prior to approval of an animal use protocol or addendum and prior to entering the animal facility.
IMPORTANT: The IACUC courses consist of two parts. The online portion is done through CITI and there will be a brief session for new investigative staff to orient them to Einstein policies. The hands on courses will be wet labs with no lecture portion. You must have completed the required CITI courses before the hands on class. The IACUC will receive notification that you have completed the course when you have reviewed all required modules and completed all required quizzes.
There are two sets of instructions:
- Instructions for Individuals Taking CITI for the First Time
Instructions for Individuals who are Already Using CITI for CCI/IRB modules
- Visit www.citiprogram.org.
- Click on the “Register for the CITI Course” link.
- Complete items 1-7 of the registration process and click “Submit”. Please note that for item 1 of the registration process, you should select “Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University”.
- You will then be directed to the “Select Curriculum” page.
- Go to directly to question 5 and answer “Yes” for “Working with the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee” course. Do not answer questions 1-4. Questions 1-4 are for those participating in human studies only.
- Next check all the modules that apply. To see an example of the page, please click visit: Sample Page
- After you have checked all the appropriate boxes, Click “Submit”. You will then be redirected to take the required training modules.
- Visit www.citiprogram.org and log in.
- At the Main Menu screen click “Add a course or update your learner groups”. You will be able to add the courses as required above.