Procedures/measurements currently offered:
• Reperfused myocardial infarction experiments (open-chest and closed-chest models of murine coronary ischemia/reperfusion)
• Non-reperfused myocardial infarction experiments (permanent coronary occlusion)
• Experimental models of cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis in the mouse (model of transverse aortic constriction, model of cardiac fibrosis due to brief repetitive coronary occlusion/reperfusion)
• Assessment of cardiac systolic and diastolic function using 2D-echocardiography and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Assessment of cardiac remodeling to study the geometric alterations of the ventricle following cardiac injury using echocardiography (M-mode and two-dimensional) and quantitative morphometry
• Insertion of arterial (e.g. carotid) and venous (e.g. jugular) catheters for blood pressure measurements,drug infusion,or cell therapy.Tail vein injections.
• Implantation of osmotic minipumps for drug infusion (e.g. Alzet)
*Contact Core staff to determine the availability of new surgical and measurement services being developed .
Nikolaos G. Frangogiannis, M.D.
Zhiping (David) Wu, M.D.