• Quantification of cytokines, chemokines and other mediators by ELISA, Luminex or flow cytometry.
• Laser-capture microdissection of infected cells.
• Assistance in characterization and differentiation of cultured cells.
• Extraction and analysis of RNA from uninfected and infected tissues or cells.
• In situ hybridization analyses of tissues for microscopic evaluation of cell type-specific expression of cytokines, chemokines and other mediators.
• Tissue processing and preparation for histopathology analysis of HIV-1 or opportunistic pathogen-infected human clinical samples and animal tissues.
• Immunocytochemistry for HIV-1 antigens or nucleic acids, other pathogen-specific antigen detections, leukocyte surface markers, cell-specific markers and mediators such as cytokines and chemokines.
• Interpretation and photographic documentation of the histopathology and immunocytochemistry findings.
• Consultation and training
Joan W Berman, Ph.D.
Sunhee Lee, M.D.