The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center strives to be among the leading vision care, research and educational centers in the U.S. To achieve this goal, the department provides and supports:
- Educational programs in ophthalmology for residents and fellows, medical students, ophthalmologists-in-residence, and health care professionals.
- Basic, clinical and translational research on diseases of the eye and the visual system
- A full range of eye care, including complex surgical procedures and transplantations
- Public education focused on prevention of eye disease and injury
- Community service to address disparities with access to health care.
In The Media